Commissioned by Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art for a solo exhibition opening in December, the artist Cai Guo-Qiang will collaborate with local volunteers to produce a series of drawings rendered by igniting gunpowder. The entire process will be open for public viewing from October 22 – October 26 at Al Riwaq, the special exhibitions hall located next to the Museum of Islamic Art.
All posts tagged Cai Guo-Qiang
Posted in Mathaf Arab Museum of Modern Art
Posted by qmaevents on October 12, 2011
- Know anyone for this job? HEAD OF TECHNICAL OPERATIONS in Doha, Qatar bull.hn/l/18U9E/5 #qmajobs 1 day ago
- RT @ianedelman: RT @ianedelman: Curator William Greenwood live on Google Art Talk twitpic.com/cxq0rj @Googleart 2 days ago
- RT @googleart: "Curating is information made personal" #Arttalk 2 days ago
- RT @googleart: Let us know if you have any questions for curator William Greenwood, we're almost getting to that point in our #Arttalk with… 2 days ago
- RT @googleart: It's not just curators - conservators, translators, exhibition teams and more people help bring a show together #Arttalk 2 days ago
- Museum of Islamic Art Opens Calligraphy Exhibition by Mohamed Zakariya
- The QMA Unveils “Maman” Sculpture at Qatar National Convention Center
- Join “Capture the Essence of Qatar” Photography Competition and Earn 20.000 Riyals!
- “The Desert of Forbidden Art” At The Orientalist Museum
- Join The Monumental Gunpowder Drawings for Mathaf