The Orientalist Museum presents “The Desert of Forbidden Art”, a film about the suffering of artists in the former Soviet Union, and the struggle of Igor Savitsky to rescue 40,000 fellow artists’ works and create a museum in Nukus in Uzbekistan’s desert.
All posts tagged The Desert of Forbidden Art
Posted in Orientalist Museum
Posted by qmaevents on October 17, 2011
- Know anyone for this job? HEAD OF TECHNICAL OPERATIONS in Doha, Qatar bull.hn/l/18U9E/5 #qmajobs 13 hours ago
- RT @ianedelman: RT @ianedelman: Curator William Greenwood live on Google Art Talk twitpic.com/cxq0rj @Googleart 1 day ago
- RT @googleart: "Curating is information made personal" #Arttalk 1 day ago
- RT @googleart: Let us know if you have any questions for curator William Greenwood, we're almost getting to that point in our #Arttalk with… 1 day ago
- RT @googleart: It's not just curators - conservators, translators, exhibition teams and more people help bring a show together #Arttalk 1 day ago
- Museum of Islamic Art Opens Calligraphy Exhibition by Mohamed Zakariya
- The QMA Unveils “Maman” Sculpture at Qatar National Convention Center
- Join “Capture the Essence of Qatar” Photography Competition and Earn 20.000 Riyals!
- “The Desert of Forbidden Art” At The Orientalist Museum
- Join The Monumental Gunpowder Drawings for Mathaf